US Box Office Top 10
As predicted last week none of the new films out this weeks has managed to make a dent in the chart with last weeks number 1 Madagascar 3 holding the top spot with not much of a challenge.
Only 2 new films graced the top 10, going in at number 5 was comedy film with Adam Sandler in That’s My Boy however the highest new entry went to Rock of Ages which went in at the number 3 spot however it made well below the estimate by only taking in just over $15 million.
10. What to Expect when your Expecting – $1.330.000 – $38.766.000
9. Moonrise Kingdom – $2.181.000 – $6.779.000
8. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel – $2.200.000 – $35.133.000
7. The Avengers – $8.484.000 – $586.737.000
6. Men in Black 3 – $10.000.000 – $152.679.000
5. That’s My Boy – (NE) – $13.000.000
4. Snow White and the Huntsman – $13.805.000 – $122.602.000
3. Rock of Ages – (NE) – $15.060.000
2. Prometheus – $20.200.000 – $88.858.000
1. Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted – $35.500.000 – $120.451.000
New Release – A better week for film this week with two big releases out alongside a smaller release, first off is comedy drama Seeking a Friend for the end of the World starring Steve Carell, next up is the latest animated film from Pixar in the form of Brave and your final choice of the week is the double team of Timur Bekmambetov and Tim Burton joining forces for the second time with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
Posted on June 17, 2012, in Box Office Charts and tagged abraham lincoln vampire hunter, best exotic marigold hotel, box office, brave, madagascar 3: europe's most wanted, men in black 3, moonrise kingdom, new entry, new releases, prometheus, rock of ages, seeking a friend for the end of the world, snow white and the huntsman, thats my boy, the avengers, top 10, US, what to expect when your expecting. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.