US Box Office Top 10
As predicted last week in obvious form Ice Age could not hold on to the top spot for more than a week as the only new entry has not only just kicked it off the top spot but it has smashed it out of the water.
Only 1 new entry in this weeks chart and it could only be The Dark Knight Rises which has broken a record for taking the most any 2D film has taken in it’s début weekend. One other little fact is that if you total up the amount that every film in the top 10 has taken apart from The Dark Knight Rises then you will come to a figure just over the $60 million, The Dark Knight Rises has managed to out sell the rest of the top 10 by just over $100 million extra.
10. Too Rome with Love – $1.420.891 – $11.107.993
9. Moonrise Kingdom – $1.831.471 – $36.087.959
8. Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Witness Protection – $2.253.074 – $60.289.622
7. Savages – $3.398.880 – $40.055.075
6. Magic Mike – $4.291.432 – $101.966.459
5. Brave – $6.024.987 – $208.774.173
4. Ted – $10.011.610 – $180.431.425
3. The Amazing Spider-man – $10.887.111 – $228.611.425
2. Ice Age: Continental Drift – $20.416.978 – $88.840.284
1. The Dark Knight Rises – (NE) – $160.887.295
New Releases – Only a couple of new films will be trying to crack their way into next weeks top 10, first off is another dance film in the form of Step Up: Revolution and your second choice of the week is alien comedy film The Watch. Their is 2 other little films you should keep a eye out for the first being sci-fi comedy Iron Sky and the very violent Killer Joe.
Posted on July 24, 2012, in Box Office Charts and tagged box office, brave, ice age 4: continental drift, iron sky, killer joe, magic mike, moonrise kingdom, new entry, new releases, savages, step up:revolution, ted, the amazing spider-man, the dark knight rises, the watch, too rome with love, top 10, tyler perry: madea's witness protection, US. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.