UK Box Office Top 10
Rise of the Guardians was in a really happy mood last week after knocking Skyfall off the top spot however this week it’s happy mood has come to a end as it has been knocked off the top spot.
Two new films entered this weeks chart, first off going in at the number 5 spot was children’s animated film Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings. This weeks highest new entry went to the Hobbit which went straight into the number 1 spot taking just over £11.5 million, it’s not all good news for the film as it is the 2nd lowest takings for a film directed by Peter Jackson and based on the Tolkin stories.
10. Great Expectations – £100.137 – £1.730.925
9. Argo – £108.384 – £5.153.262
8. Silver Linings Playbook – £231.714 – £4.104.632
7. Seven Psychopaths – £452.293 – £2.133.948
6. Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 – £509.872 – £34.420.072
5. Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings – (NE) – £528.820
4. Skyfall – £809.406 – £97.897.404
3. Nativity 2: Danger in the Manger – £938.309 – £5.582.224
2. Rise of the Guardians – £1.250.469 – £5.713.662
1. The Hobbit – (NE) – £11.601.538
New Releases – This is the last top 10 chart that i will be posting up this year however that doesn’t mean that there is no films for you too choose from over the next few weeks. First off you have 2 big films released on the 20th and 21st, on the 20th there is Life of Pi and on the 21st you have comedy film Pitch Perfect. Fast forward to the 26th and you have action thriller Jack Reacher staring Tom Cruise and comedy horror film Grabbers. Finally released on New Years Day (Jan 1st) is disaster drama The Impossible.
Posted on December 18, 2012, in Box Office Charts and tagged argo, box office, grabbers, great expectations, jack reacher, life of pi, nativity 2:danger in the manger, new entry, new releases, pitch perfect, rise of the guardians, seven psychopaths, silver lining playbook, skyfall, the hobbit, the impossible, tinker bell and the secret of the wings, top 10, twilight, uk. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.