UK Box Office Top 10
The last quarter of 2012 proved that people still want to go to the cinema with a record breaking takings, well it looks like 2013 has gotten off with a big bang thanks to the top 2 films going toe to toe with each other.
The first chart of 2013 kicks off with 2 new entries, first off going in at number 4 was a surprise entry for Quartet. The biggest new release of the week though went to the Impossible which went straight into the number 2 spot scaring The Hobbit by only taking just under the amount of it.
10. Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Wings – £516.952 – £3.375.684
9. Skyfall – £541.401 – £101.572.493
8. Rise of the Guardians – £725.281 – £11.247.265
7. Parental Guidence – £884.319 – £3.371.022
6. Pitch Perfect – £917.135 – £4.928.013
5. Jack Reacher – £1.682.561 – £7.160.319
4. Quartet – (NE) – £2.294.917
3. Life of Pi – £3.353.579 – £17.857.428
2. The Impossible – (NE) – £4.034.470
1. The Hobbit – £4.075.781 – £44.870.320
New Releases – bit of a big week when it comes to new films as there are 3 very big films out and one small horror film that has people talking. First off the small horror film is American Mary directed by the Soska sisters which there last film centered around a dead hooker in a trunk. On to the big releases, your first choice is the big screen adaptation of Les Misrables, your next film choice is the delayed gangster drama Gangster Squad. Your last film choice of the week is 3D horror film Texas Chainsaw 3D.
Posted on January 8, 2013, in Box Office Charts and tagged american mary, box office, films, gangster squad, jack reacher, les misrables, life of pi, movies, new entry, new releases, parental guidence, pitch perfect, quartet, rise of the guardian, skyfall, texas chainsaw 3d, the hobbit, the impossible, tinker bell, top 10. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.