US box Office Top 10
What a difference a week can make as one week Texas Chainsaw was high atop the movie tree and the next week it get’s shot down so much that leatherface has now become more like paperface, the film went from number 1 all the way down to number 9 thanks to a film that went on full general release.
Two new films went straight into this weeks chart and 1 high climber went in at number 1. First off the two new entries, going in at number 3 was the much delayed film Gangster Squad, despite it have a fantastic cast the film hasn’t managed to set the chart on fire. The only other new entry in the top 10 went to slapstick comedy A Haunted House which is another scary movie rip off.
This weeks new number 1 though went to Kathryn Bigalow’s new film Zero Dark Thirty which saw a 790% increase untakings thanks to it going on full general release.
10. Silver Lining Playbook – $5.000.000 – $41.306.000
9. Texas Chainsaw 3D – $5.150.000 – $30.752.000
8. Parental Guidence – $6.100.000 – $60.650.000
7. Lincoln – $6.314.000 – $152.579.000
6. The Hobbit – $9.080.000 – $278.124.000
5. Les Misrables – $10.127.000 – $119.206.000
4. Django Unchained – $11.065.000 – $125.399.000
3. Gangster Squad – (NE) – $16.710.000
2. A Haunted House – (NE) – $18.170.000
1. Zero Dark Thirty – $24.000.000 – $29.481.000
New Releases – You only have 2 films to choose from this week, first of the film that see’s the return to the big screen of Arnold Schwarzenegger in a leading role with The Last Stand, your other film choice is a horror film from Guillermo Del Toro with Mama.
Posted on January 13, 2013, in Box Office Charts and tagged a haunted house, box office, django unchained, films, gangster squad, les misrables, lincoln, mama, movies, parental guidence, silver lining playbook, texas chainsaw 3d, the hobbit, the last stand, top 10, US, zero dark thirty. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.