UK box office top 10
Even though last weeks number 1 Les Miserables couldn’t be moved from the top spot, the chart still makes for interesting reading as it includes 4 new entries, 2 of which are the final couple of pieces to the best picture jigsaw puzzle at this years Oscars.
4 new films entered this weeks chart, first off going in at a very low number 10 was big Arnie’s return to a leading role in a action film with The Last Stand, doing better by hitting the number 7 spot was gross out comedy Movie 43 which manged to have the highest screen taking’s than the next new entry, which happens to be Zero Dark Thirty going in at number 5. This weeks highest new entry though and doing better than i thought it would do is Lincoln.
10. The Last Stand – (NE) – £538.867
9. The Hobbit – £623.889 – £51.020.811
8. Monsters Inc 3D – £703.656 – £1.595.962
7. Movie 43 – (NE) – £787.648
6. The Impossible – £1.006.477 – £10.777.332
5. Zero Dark Thirty – (NE) – £1.052.845
4. Life of Pi – £1.119.570 – £25.957.044
3. Lincoln – (NE) – £1.657.337
2. Django Unchained – £2.419.846 – £7.185.499
1. Les Miserables – £4.016.611 – £24.618.896
New Releases – Three big films are on offer this week with a further small film that might have a few people interested. First off the small film comes in the form of Chained, one of the biggest hit’s at last years frightfest. On to the 3 bigger releases, first off is comedy drama Hyde Park on Hudson starring Bill Murray, your next film choice is Denzel Washington in Flight and your final movie pick of the week is action film Bullet to the Head.
Posted on January 29, 2013, in Box Office Charts and tagged box office, bullet to the head, chained, django unchained, films, flight, hyde park on hudson, les miserables, life of pi, lincoln, monsters inc 3d, movie 43, movies, the hobbit, the impossible, the last stand, top 10, uk, zero dark thirty. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.