UK box office top 10
Well the sun seem’s to be affecting the takings at the box office as this week saw a 42% drop off from the same time as last year, however it will come as no surprise to hear that Despicable Me 2 is no longer reigning supreme at the top of the chart.
A total of three new films entered this weeks chart, firstly the only none big movie to make an impact on the top 10 was Bollywood film Bhaag Mikha Bhaag. On to the big two films of the week and going in at number three was Pacific Rim, unfortunately the film is doing as well as was expected of it, with a budget of over $170 million a lot was riding on this to do well and early indications are showing that this could be a loss for Warner Bros. the highest new entry and this weeks new number one went to the disappointing animated prequel Monsters University however it took nowhere near what Monsters INC took back in 2002 where it grossed just over £9 million in it’s opening weekend.
New Releases – This week we are short on new films too choose from as only two films want to put up a little fight, so if you want something new at the cinema then you have thriller The Frozen Ground and the third and final part in the cornetto trilogy The Worlds End.
10. The Bling Ring – £76,540 – £348,269
9. Bhaag Mikha Bhaag – (NE) – £89,348
8. This is the End – £181,367 – £3,677,230
7. Man of Steel – £278,607 – £29,190,336
6. World War Z – £382,975 – £13,242,263
5. The Internship – £397,660 – £2,263,505
4. Now You See Me – £1,142,376 – £5,366,612
3. Pacific Rim – (NE) – £2,193,000
2. Despicable Me 2 – £2,225,543 – £27,082,903
1. Monsters University – (NE) – £3,463,917
Posted on July 17, 2013, in Box Office Charts and tagged bhaag mikha bhaag, box office, despicable me 2, films, frozen ground, man of steel, monsters university, movies, now you see me, pacific rim, the bling ring, the internship, the worlds end, this is the end, top 10, uk, world war z. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.