UK box office top 10
It’s nice to see the UK box office in a health state, after having a few weeks where takings were terrible the last couple of weeks have shown some healthy gross.
Last weeks number one Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 couldn’t keep it’s crown as one of this weeks new films smacked it in the face with it’s hammer (can you guess the film in question).
The top 10 saw three new films enter it this week, first off going in at number eight was Bollywood film Krrish 3, this weeks number four went to the brilliant British drama Philomena. You only have one guess as to what this weeks new number one and the highest new entry of the week, that’s right it’s Thor: The Dark World, the movie saw a 59% increase in takings over the first film in it’s opening weekend.
New Releases – Technically it should be new release as there is only one film of any note out this week and it happens to be the most talked about film of the year, finally us in the UK will get to see if Gravity really does deserve all of the hype.
10. Escape Plan – £185,957 – £2,504,262
9. One Chance – £339,722 – £1,866,395
8. Krrish 3 – (NE) – £408,624
7. Enders Game – £469,112 – £2,463,575
6. Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa – £975,121 – £4,058,130
5. Turbo – £1,351,821 -£9,711,401
4. Philomena – (NE) – £1,509,726
3. Captain Phillips – £1,622,925 – £11,418,489
2. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 – £2,074,667 – £8,933,787
1. Thor: The Dark World – (NE) – £8,668,172
Posted on November 6, 2013, in Box Office Charts and tagged box office, chart, cloudy with a chnace of meatballs 2, cpatain phillips, enders game, escape plan, films, gravity, jackass presents bad grandpa, krrish, one chance, philomena, thor: the dark world, top 10, turbo, uk. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.