UK box office top 10 – W/E 02/12
Well it looks like nobody was tough enough to knock The Hunger Games Catching Fire off the top spot as it spends it’s second week at the top of the chart.
Three new films went into this weeks top 10, firstly going in at a lower than expect number five was horror remake Carrie, hitting the number four spot and also not doing as well as expected was the story of the creation of Mary Poppins with Saving Mr Banks. This weeks highest new entry and the new number three went to animated feature Free Birds.
New Releases – A couple of new films to sink your teeth into this week. The biggest release of the week has to be animated film Frozen, this is the latest animated film from Disney and it has been getting rave reviews. Other new films on offer this week is violent thriller remake Oldboy, action thriller Homefront from director Slyvester Stallone and thriller Getaway which has become the lowest rated movie of the year.
10. The Family – £188,835 – £928,487
9. Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2 – £211,562 – £12,095,055
8. Philomena – £289,860 – £9,788,671
7. Thor: the Dark World -£423,374 – £19,220,530
6. The Butler – £431,666 – £2,929,213
5. Carrie – (NE) – £662,625
4. Saving Mr Banks – (NE) – £795,615
3. Free Birds – (NE) – £1,044,074
2. Gravity – £1,741,279 – £22,522,241
1. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – £5,525,476 – £21,711,143
Posted on December 4, 2013, in Box Office Charts and tagged box office, carrie, cloudy with a chnace of meatballs, films, free birds, gravity, movies, philomena, saving mr banks, the butler, the family, the hunger games catching fire, thor: the dark world, top 10, uk. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.