Box office top 10 – W/E 10/11/14
The Turtles are making a habit of not staying at the top of the chart for very long as it has been knocked off the top spot for a second time by this weeks only new film in the chart. The film in question is Christopher Nolans latest mind bending Sci-Fi action film Interstellar, even better though for the film is that it’s the highest taking debut movie since the Inbetweeners 2.
As said above their was no other new entries in this weeks chart however there was one movie that did something really rare and not only climb up the chart but also take more in it’s second week than it’s first, that film in question is British drama Mr Turner.
Upcoming – Not a very strong week when it comes to new films as there are only two of note and both shouldn’t challenge the top of the chart that much, those movies in question are thriller the Imitation Game and second thriller The Drop.
10. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day – £318,647 – £2,868,463
9. The Maze Runner – £396,286 – £8,345,914
8. Nightcrawler – £545,221 – £2,169,731
7. Ouija – £653,678 – £2,587,106
6. The Book of Life – £655,110 – £4,855,785
5. Fury – £674,430 – £7,056,559
4. Gone Girl – £696,874 – £20,634,368
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – £738,766 – £12,889,684
2. Mr Turner – £1,014,433 – £2,671,313
1. Interstellar – (NE) – £5,378,220
Interstellar failed to make it to the top of the chart in the US despite taking a healthy $48 million, the glory went to animated action film Big Hero 6 which had a slight surge to leap frog Interstellar and take the number one spot.
No other new film made the top 10 overall however takings saw a huge increase over last weeks chart with a increase of just over 65%.
3. Gone Girl
2. Interstellar – (NE)
1. Big Hero 6 – (NE)
Posted on November 11, 2014, in Box Office Charts and tagged chart, films, fury, gone girl, interstellar, monday, movie, mr turner, nightcrawler, ouija, show, teenage mutant ninja turtles, the book of life, the maze runner, top 10. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.