Box office top 10 – W/E 15/12/14
It will come as no surprise to find out that Paddington couldn’t hold on to the top spot any longer as the final outing to middle earth loomed over it, so with that said the final part in the Hobbit trilogy with The Hobbit the Battle of the five Armies is this weeks new number one.
Only one other new film found it’s way into the chart and that was animated adventure for the young-un’s with Tinker Bell and the Legend of the Neverbeast.
Upcoming – over the next few weeks we have a big selection of films, out on Friday 19th is comedy sequel Dumb and Dumber To and the final outing for the Night at the Museum series with Secret of the Tomb. Out on Boxing day is a interesting mixture of films including the remake of Annie, powerful drama Unbroken, Ridley Scott’s Exodus and Tim Burton’s new film Big Eyes.
10. Interstellar – £213,953 – £19,727,100
9. Horrible Bosses 2 – £317,160 – £3,294,940
8. Nativty 3: Dude Where’s My Donkey – £381,673 – £5,707,857
7. Tinker Bell and the Legend of the NeverBeast – (NE) – £395,454
6. Get Santa – £448,550 – £1,193,497
5. The Imitation Game – £534,554 – £12,414,439
4. Peguins of Madagascar – £1,051,071 – £3,015,114
3. The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 – £1,089,989 – £27,227,289
2. Paddington – £2,909,674 – £14,306,197
1. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – (NE) – £9,753,642
Thanks to the release of two new films the US box office picked up a little from the big decline of last weeks chart, with that said it means that their is a new number one in the form of Exodus: Gods and Kings.
The only other new entry in the chart went to comedy film Top Five which went in at number four.
5. Big Hero 6
4. Top Five – (NE)
3. Penguins of Madagascar
2. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
1. Exodus: Gods and Kings – (NE)