Top 10 – W/E 12/01/15
The Stephen Hawking drama the Theory of Everything could only hold on to the top spot for just one week as the return of Liam Neeson in the Taken franchise has managed to knock it off the top spot with Taken 3.
Other new entries in this weeks chart went to critically acclaimed f=drama Foxcatcher going in at number six and fairy tale musical based on the stage play with the same name Into the Woods which sang it’s way into this weeks number two.
Upcoming – the films out this week are all trying to get as much attention as possible during the awards season with all three having a chance to do well, on offer is drama starring Reese Witherspoon in Wild, heavy Oscar buzz drama Whiplash and the latest film from director Clint Eastwood with American Sniper.
10. Annie – £627,910 – £6,372,590
9. Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb – £648,885 – £10,766,021
8. Birdman – £826,316 – £2,992,266
7. The Woman in Black: Angel of Death – £837,653 – £3,972,647
6. Foxcatcher – (NE) – £877,408
5. Paddington – £1,268,785 – £32,834,123
4. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – £1,276,109 – £39,201,752
3. The Theory of Everything – £2,462,191 – £7,942,551
2. Into the Woods – (NE) – £2,476,409
1. Taken 3 – (NE) – £6,714,530
It seems that Liam Neeson was too strong for any of his rivals as Taken 3 has managed to fight it’s way to the top of the chart becoming the third highest grossing debut of a film in January of all time.
Naturally no other new film thought to challenge the might of Neeson instead one movie managed to move up the chart from last weeks number 26 to this weeks number two and that was drama Selma.
4. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
3. Into the woods
1. Taken 3 – (NE)