Box office top 10 – W/E 09/02/15
Well nothing seemed to be able to move both last weeks number one and two movie so Big Hero 6 remains at the top of the chart with Kingsman following behind in a close second.
Even though their was no new number one this week their was still three new entries in the for of controversial comedy The Interview which went in at a low number 10, this is down to the film already available via on-demand methods. Other new entries in the chart included drama based on the life of Martin Luther King JR in Selma which went in at number six, delayed Sci-Fi action film Jupiter Ascending which went in at number four and brilliant claymation adventure Shaun the Sheep which bleated and jumped into the number three spot.
Upcoming – Their is only one film of note that is released this week as other studio’s seemed really scared of it, that film is Fifty Shades of Grey.
10. The Interview – (NE) – £283,811
9. Taken 3 – £323,346 – £17,180,518
8. Into the Woods – £326,355 – £8,912,600
7. The Theory of Everything – £626,335 – £17,866,928
6. Selma – (NE) – £792,365
5. American Sniper – £980,434 – £11,084,808
4. Jupiter Ascending – (NE) – £1,349,938
3. Shaun the Sheep: The Movie – (NE) – £2,095,061
2. Kingsman: The Secret Service – £2,190,090 – £8,245,752
1. Big Hero 6 – £2,540,116 – £7,476,518
US Top 5
A bit of a change happened with this weeks chart as American Sniper finally gave in to a new film, that film in question wasn’t Jupiter Ascending but in fact Spongbob Movie: Sponge out of Water.
Other new films in the top five included fantasy adventure Seventh Son which went in at number 4 and Sci-Fi adventure Jupiter Ascending going in at number three.
5. Project Almanac
4. Seventh Son – (NE)
3. Jupiter Ascending – (NE)
2. American Sniper
1. Spongebob Movie: Sponge out of Water – (NE)