Box Office Top 10 – W/E 07/04/15
Predictions of the latest Fast and Furious film going straight into the number one spot was always going to be obvious however nobody expected the movie to do as well as it has, taking just under £13 million in it’s opening weekend it has become the highest grossing debut entrance from any of the films in the series, even better though is that the film has already out-grossed the first four films entire run.
The previous film in the series took just under £9 million in it’s opening weekend which is around 46% less than number seven.
Other films knew that they would struggle against the might of Fast 7 however two new movies and one re-release found it’s way into the chart which include drama The Water Diviner going in at number seven, comedy drama While We’re Young hitting the number eight spot and the re-release of Blade Runner going in at number nine.
Upcoming – Another packed week of films for you to choose from which includes drama Good Kill, a duo of comedy sequels Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and Paul Blart Mall Cop 2. Other films out this week include thriller John Wick, Ryan Gosling directorial debut Lost River and the final drama of the week in the form of Woman In Gold.
10. The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, £176,769 from 163 sites. Total: £15,046,644
9. Blade Runner, £267,452 from 97 sites (rerelease, new)
8. While We’re Young, £427,151 from 250 sites (new)
7. The Water Diviner, £521,546 from 420 sites (new)
6. Insurgent, £594,587 from 440 sites. Total: £6,760,466
5. Get Hard, £845,040 from 403 sites. Total: £3,308,308
4. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, £1,121,097 from 515 sites. Total: £4,821,995
3. Home, £2,387,579 from 557 sites. Total: £14,538,641
2. Cinderella, £2,969,426 from 583 sites. Total: £10,388,950
1. Fast & Furious 7, £12,765,033 from 537 sites (new)
As with in the UK people predicted that Furious 7 would go staright into the number one spot however they didn’t predict that it would do as well as it did, the film was forcasted to make around $100 million however it managed to obliterate that by taking just shy of $150 million.
No other new film made it’s way into the top 5 as nothing wanyed to go up against Furious 7.
5. The Divergent Series: Insurgent
3. Get Hard
1. Furious 7 (NE)