UK Box office top 10 – W/E 03/05/15
Despite a massive 24 new releases nothing could tackle the might of Avengers: Age of Ultron as the superhero smackdown managed to hold on to the top spot for a second week.
During it’s second week of release Avengers: Age of Ultron managed to add £8.5 million to it’s takings pushing it over the £32 million mark however it did have the biggest drop off of the week falling 53% from last weeks haul.
The chart is not all about the Avengers though as other new films managed to crack there way into the chart which includes animated kids adventure with Two by Two going in at number seven, Skype horror film Unfriended hitting the number three spot and drama Far From the Madding Crowd going in at number two.
Upcoming – Again it’s a weeks when 21 new films will be released across the country however none of them are of the blockbuster kind, if you are after a new film though then you have the big screen version of the crime TV series Spooks, over-the-top action film Big Game, horror movie double bill in the form of The Canal and Wyrmwood, drama with The Age of Adaline and the re-release of action classics Mad Max and it’s sequel just in time for the new film the week after.
10. Child 44 – £114,301 – £1,275,845 – (195 Screens)
9. Woman in Gold – £190,175 – £2,346,910 – (207 Screens)
8. Spongebob Movie: Sponge out of Water – £203,935 – £7,763,388 – (400 Screens)
7. Two By Two – £566,871 – (NE) – (427 Screens)
6. Cinderella – £675,425 – £19,316,772 – (514 Screens)
5. Home – £732,514 – £21,822,469 – (513 Screens)
4. Fast and Furious 7 – £1,113,888 – £36,549,326 – (456 Screens)
3. Unfriended – £1,346,952 – (NE) – £1,346,952 (436 Screens)
2. Far From the Madding Crowd – £1,450,297 – (NE) – (522 Screens)
1. Avengers: Age of Ultron – £8,591,670 – £32,297,331 – (589 Screens)
It’ll come as no surprise to hear that Avengers: Age of Ultron went straight into the number one spot in this weeks chart, however the film failed to take more than the first Avengers film did in it’s opening weekend, that passed the $200 million mark, Age of Ultron failed at this task.
No other new films managed to get into this weeks chart as nothing wanted to go up against the might of the superhero collective.
4. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
3. The Age of Adaline
2. Furious 7.
1. Avengers: Age of Ultron (NE)
Posted on May 6, 2015, in Box Office Charts and tagged avengers age of ultron, chart, fast and furious 7, films, monday, movie, new releases, show, top 10, unfriended. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.