Box office top 10 (W/E 18/05/15)
The Avengers reign at the top of the chart has come to a end thanks to the singing exploits of the bella’s with there return in Pitch Perfect 2.
Opening with an impressive £5 million pounds that comedy musical sequel has nearly supassed the original films total takings in just it’s opening weekend.
Racing alongside Pitch Perfect 2 was over-the-top action film Mad Max: Fury road which went straight into the number two spot with a very strong £4.5 million.
Upcoming – Another strong week for films with two big ones standing head and shoulders above the rest in the form of Bard Bird’s Tomorrowland and the latest horror remake with Poltergeist 3D. Other new films on release include the big screen debut of the Moomins and a double bill of very interesting horror in the form of Spring and A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night.
10. The Age of Adaline, £193,494 from 338 sites. Total: £1,084,834
9. Fast & Furious 7, £224,972 from 315 sites. Total: £38,146,435
8. Unfriended, £250,428 from 361 sites. Total: £3,303,969
7. Home, £252,245 from 483 sites. Total: £22,933,032
6. A Royal Night Out, £301,686 from 333 sites. Total: £315,238
5. Far From the Madding Crowd, £400,566 from 476 sites. Total: £4,703,756
4. Spooks: The Greater Good, £533,843 from 421 sites. Total: £2,068,461
3. The Avengers: Age of Ultron, £1,661,968 from 521 sites. Total: £43,250,662
2. Mad Max: Fury Road, £4,538,933 from 546 sites (new)
1. Pitch Perfect 2, £5,005,394 from 496 sites (new)
US top 5
It looks like the Bella’s managed to pitch slap the competition in the US as well with it not only going straight into the number one spot but it also managed to shrug off stiff competition from last weeks number one Avengers: Age of Ultron and new entry Mad Max: Fury Road.
5. Furious 7
4. Hot Persuit
3. Avengers: Age of Ultron
2. Mad Max: Fury Road (NE)
1. Pitch Perfect 2 (NE)