This weeks chart – W/E 01/06/15
For the last few weeks the Bella’s of Pitch Perfect 2 has managed to hold off the competition with their mixture of comedy and music however their reign has come to a end thanks to one of this weeks highest new entry.
Hitting the number one spot with a impressive £4.6 million was the big action distruction fest that is San Andreas, the film is Dwayne Johnson’s highest solo opener of his career so far.
Other new entries in the chart includes the Al Pachino starrer Danny Collins which went in at number 10 and romantic comedy starring Simon Pegg, Man Up which went in at number seven.
Upcoming – In a week when their are not very many films out htree stand out from the crowd in the form of action thriller Survivor, spy comedy Spy and horror threequel Insidous: Chapter 3.
10. Danny Collins, £225,308 from 353 sites (new)
9. Two by Two, £264,548 from 436 sites. Total: £2,062,178
8. Home, £456,794 from 450 sites. Total: £24,062,500
7. Man Up, £528,748 from 357 sites (new)
6. Poltergeist, £734,943 from 439 sites. Total: £3,361,736
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron, £883,790 from 436 sites. Total: £47,144,213
4. Tomorrowland: The World Beyond, £1,041,255 from 541 sites. Total: £4,103,403
3. Mad Max: Fury Road, £1,745,941 from 536 sites. Total: £13,722,941
2. Pitch Perfect 2, £1,873,567 from 541 sites. Total: £14,526,774
1. San Andreas, £4,628,394 from 505 sites (new)
As with the UK chart San Andreas has managed to top the US chart as well in a week where nothing else performed that well, as a matter of fact in the whole of the US chart their was a total of five new films.
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
2. Pitch Perfect 2
1. San Andreas (NE)