This Weeks Chart (W/E 20/07/15)
The Minions reign at the top of the chart has come to a end thanks to the Small but Might Ant-Man, celebrations however are a bit muted for the film as it failed to get near the £5 million mark.
Since creative head honcho Kevin Feige became produce of all of the recent marvel films Ant-Man ranks third worst in takings behind 2008’s The Incredible Hulk and 2011’s Captain America: The First Avenger.
Their were other new films in this weeks top 10, they included shaky cam horror film The Gallows hitting the number nine spot, Bollywood hit Bajrangi Bhaijaan going in at number seven and classical music event Andre Rieu’s 2015 Maastricht Concert going in at number Five.
Upcoming – A nice mixture of films avaliable too choose from this week, they include brilliant animated adventure from Pixar with Inside Out, boxing Drama Southpaw and small drama with a hint of horror Maggie.
10. Amy, £315,421 from 254 sites. Total: £2,062,289
9. The Gallows, £335,421 from 315 sites (new)
8. Magic Mike XXL, £524,161 from 405 sites. Total: £5,501,254
7. Bajrangi Bhaijaan, £758,195 from 111 sites (new)
6. Terminator Genisys, £823,384 from 460 sites. Total: £9,237,056
5. Andre Rieu’s 2015 Maastricht Concert, £1,107,000 from 460 sites (new)
4. Jurassic World, £1,136,220 from 517 sites. Total: £59,499,942
3. Ted 2, £1,360,492 from 547 sites. Total: £7,042,645
2. Minions, £2,702,320 from 607 sites. Total: £32,293,570
1. Ant-Man, £4,011,345 from 555 sites (new)
As with the UK chart Ant-Man managed to knock the Minions off the top spot however it failed to go past the $60 million mark.
The only other new entry in the top five was comedy adventure Trainwreck which went in at number three.
5. Jurassic World
4. Inside Out
3. Trainwreck (NE)
1. Ant-Man (NE)