This Weeks Chart (W/E 17/08/15)
Fantastic Four could only hold on to the top spot for just one week proving more and more that the film has become a flop for Fox, Pixels has become the new leader of the chart.
Things aren’t however that rosy for Pixels as if you take out what the movie took from previews then it would of only gone in at number four behind Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Pixels and one of this weeks new entries The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The other new entries in this weeks chart went to comedies in the form of the Simon Pegg starer Absolutely Anything hitting the number nine spot and comedy drama Trainwreck which went in at number five.
Upcoming – A bit of a mixture of films are on offer this week in the form of teen drama Paper Towns, the big screen version of the tv series Bad Education, franchise reboot Vacation from the National Lampoons series and horror film Sinster 2.
10. The Gift, £330,679 from 327 sites. Total: £1,449,135
9. Absolutely Anything, £487,147 from 314 sites (new)
8. Minions, £581,573 from 524 sites. Total: £43,237,367
7. Southpaw, £625,828 from 377 sites. Total: £7,033,990
6. Fantastic Four, £701,406 from 524 sites. Total: £4,836,085
5. Trainwreck, £931,981 from 464 sites (new)
4. The Man from UNCLE, £1,448,298 from 503 sites (new)
3. Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, £1,585,062 from 525 sites. Total: £14,773,294
2. Inside Out, £1,912,671 from 615 sites. Total: £27,414,119
1. Pixels, £2,660,772 from 511 sites (new)
Nobody could of predicted how well Straight Outta Compton would do however not only did the film go straight into the number one spot but it managed to take just over $60 million as well.
The only other new entry in the top five went to spy thriller comedy The Man from U.N.C.L.E which hit the number three spot.
5. The Gift
4. Fantastic Four
3. The Man from U.N.C.L.E (NE)
2. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
1. Straight Outta Compton (NE)