This weeks chart (W/E 05/10/15)
What a difference a week can be when it comes to the box office with takings rising a huge 54% from last week thanks to The Martian.
Ridley Scott’s latest film delivered the biggest opening weekend since Inside Out back in July, this is thanks to it’s £1.63 million it took in previews on the Wednesday and Thursday alone, add this to it’s £4.90 million it took in it’s opening weekend and the total rose to £6.53 million.
Other new entries in this weeks chart included Bollywood film Singh is Bliing going in at number eight, opera event Il Trovatore hitting number seven, Michael Fassbenders Macbeth going in at number five and comedy the Intern hitting the number four spot.
Upcoming – A lot of new films will be viaing for a high spot in next weeks chart and they include, thriller Sicario, Robert Zemeckis latest film The Walk, UK drama Suffragette, dark thriller Regression and creepy docu-drama The Nightmare.
10. Inside Out, £179,840 from 454 sites. Total: £38,149,512
9. Singh Is Bliing, £193,467 from 70 sites (new)
8. Miss You Already, £201,890 from 399 sites. Total: £1,109,453
7. Il Trovatore – Met Opera, £234,890 from 164 sites (live event, new)
6. Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, £600,965 from 444 sites. Total: £7,869,480
5. Macbeth, £746,642 from 399 sites (new)
4. The Intern, £758,713 from 431 sites (new)
3. Everest, £849,790 from 510 sites. Total: £8,729,419
2. Legend, £1,054,608 from 508 sites. Total: £15,368,399
1. The Martian, £6,531,734 from 582 sites (new)
Not only did The Martian manage to take the top spot in the UK the film managed to go straight into the number one spot in the US as well, the only challenge the film had was from last weeks number one Hotel Transylvania 2 which only dropped off by 31% from last weeks takings
5. Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
4. The Intern
2. Hotel Transylvania 2
1. The Martian (NE)