This weeks chart (W/E 12/10/15)
Despite only a drop off at around 21% from last week The Martian has managed to hold on to the top spot for a second week taking it’s overall total to just over £13 million so far.
Only one of the three new entries in this weeks chart gave up much of a fight against the Martian and that was Denis Villeneuve’s dark thriller Sicario, the film found it’s way into the number two spot taking just under £1.6 million .
Other new entries in this weeks chart went to dark drama thriller Regression going in at number nine and tightrope comedy drama The Walk hitting the number two spot.
Upcoming – With the box office down 20% from last week it’s a good job that a wave of big films will be crashing our shorse this week in the form of animated adventure sequel Hotel Transylvania 2, the origin story of Peter Pan with Pan, Guillermo Del Del Toro’s gothic horror Crimson Peak, harrowing British Drama Suffragette and Lance Armstrong biopic The Program
10. Inside Out, £185,438 from 422 sites. Total: £38,375,834
9. Regression, £214,742 from 270 sites (new)
8. The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, £321,278 from 366 sites. Total: £8,384,534
7. Macbeth, £465,932 from 404 sites. Total: £1,838,835
6. Everest, £498,188 from 439 sites. Total: £9,770,287
5. The Intern, £506,864 from 426 sites. Total: £1,823,397
4. Legend, £709,718 from 414 sites. Total: £16,746,897
3. The Walk, £795,115 from 481 sites (new)
2. Sicario, £1,596,734 from 434 sites (new)
1. The Martian, £3,854,809 from 582 sites. Total: £13,211,096
Nothing could move The Martian off the top spot this week despite the debut of Pan, in fact Pan has bombed at the box office taking only $15 million in it’s opening weekend off a budget of around $150 million.
4. The Intern
3. Pan (NE)
2. Hotel Transylvania 2
1. The Martian