This weeks chart (W/E17/11/15)
Despite the best attempts by The Lady in the Van and the might of Dame Maggie Smith, Spectre remains at the top of the chart for another week with a health £7.8 million, taking it’s overall total so far to just over £77 million.
Even though Lady in the Van tried it’s best it still managed to go straight into the number two spot taking £2.2 million from 523 sites.
Other new entries in the chart included the Steve Jobs sort of biopic starring Michael Fassbender which went in a low number five and Bollywood film Prem Ratan Dhan Payo which hit the number four spot.
Upcoming – not a big week for new films however we do have a huge movie on our hands in the form of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, other new release include drama comedy The Dressmaker and controversial director Gasper Noe bring his vision of sex in Love 3D.
10. Burnt, £174,802 from 317 sites. Total: £944,610
9. Suffragette, £255,578 from 366 sites. Total: £9,248,554
8. The Martian, £295,607 from 274 sites. Total: £23,106,801
7. Pan, £485,702 from 475 sites. Total: £8,416,089
6. Brooklyn, £782,363 from 434 sites. Total: £2,782,461
5. Steve Jobs, £903,214 from 413 sites (new)
4. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, £911,942 from 140 sites (new)
3. Hotel Transylvania 2, £912,896 from 548 sites. Total: £18,559,789
2. The Lady in the Van, £2,256,121 from 523 sites (new)
1. Spectre, £7,833,891 from 617 sites. Total: £77,579,879
As with the UK chart Spectre still finds itself at the top of the chart despite a drop off of over 52% from last week.
New entries in the top five included drama The 33 which went in at number five and comedy Love the Coopers which hit the number three spot.
5. The 33 (NE)
4. The Martian
3. Love the Coopers (NE)
2. The Peanuts Movie