This weeks chart (W/E 30/11/15)
Despite a week when there was a lot of new films out battling for the top spot, The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 managed to keep hold of it’s crown for a second week with takings of just over £4.5 million.
Half of this weeks chart is taken up by new films which includes Bollywood film Tamasha going in at number eight, powerful drama starring Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara in Carol at number seven, dark thriller Black Mass starring Johnny Depp at number five, the latest film from director Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks in Bridge of Spies at number five and this weeks highest new entry The Good Dinosaur hitting the number two spot.
Upcoming – This weeks new releases include two horror films and two comedies, the horror films on offer is Christmas horror Krampus, buddy comedy The Night Before, action horror Victor Frankenstein and family comedy Christmas with the Coopers.
10. Hotel Transylvania 2, £197,161 from 449 sites. Total: £19,439,987
9. Brooklyn, £200,778 from 213 sites. Total: £4,349,414
8. Tamasha, £254,750 from 80 sites (new)
7. Carol, £540,632 from 206 sites (new)
6. The Lady in the Van, £950,961 from 548 sites. Total: £9,047,439
5. Black Mass, £1,272,249 from 441 sites (new)
4. Bridge of Spies, £1,682,392 from 531 sites (new)
3. Spectre, £2,179,154 from 536 sites. Total: £88,374,402
2. The Good Dinosaur, £2,926,448 from 520 sites (new)
1. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, £4,534,464 from 579 sites. Total: £19,323,711
Despite a boost to the takings on this weeks chart, The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 has managed to hold on to the top spot for a second week.
New films in this weeks top five include Rocky spin off Creed hitting hard at the number three spot and the latest animated feature from Pixar with the Good Dinosaur going in at number two.
5. The Peanuts Movie
3. Creed (NE)
2. The Good Dinosaur (NE)
1. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2