This weeks chart (W/E 11/01/16)
It seems that nothing can move Star Wars the force Awakens off the top of the chart with it spending another week at number one.
In more good news for the film it has now become the highest grossing film in UK history taking more than Spectre in it’s entire run.
Movies are running a bit scared away from Star Wars as only one new film managed to crack the top 10 in the form of The Hateful Eight which wnet in at number two with a very respectful £2.7 million.
Upcoming – Could next weeks chart have a new number one, these new films will be having a try, those films in question are Alejandro G Inarritu’s The Revenant, gripping drama Room and a reboot of the Rocky series with Creed.
10. Bridge of Spies, £179,554 from 157 sites. Total: £7,156,826
9. In the Heart of the Sea, £202,774 from 330 sites. Total: £2,405,515
8. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, £240,095 from 207 sites. Total: £28,865,260
7. The Good Dinosaur, £438,680 from 524 sites. Total: £13,229,402
6. Snoopy and Charlie Brown: The Peanuts Movie, £693,575 from 548 sites. Total: £8,376,110
5. Joy, £1,047,139 from 532 sites. Total: £3,363,525
4. The Danish Girl, £1,294,024 from 545 sites. Total: £3,794,176
3. Daddy’s Home, £2,268,945 from 466 sites. Total: £11,867,429
2. The Hateful Eight, £2,778,633 from 402 sites (new)
1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens, £6,001,948 from 634 sites. Total: £108,430,730