This weeks chart (W/E 01/02/16)
For a third week in a row The Revenant is sitting at the top of the chart despite a very hefty fight from Dirty Grandpa which is this weeks highest new entry at number two.
Other new entries in this weeks chart includes opera event Turandot which hit the number 10 spot, animated adventure Capture the Flag which went in at number seven and hard hitting drama Spotlight which went in at number five.
Upcoming – this week see’s three big films released that have a good chance to make a bit of a impact on the chart, they include big screen update of the classic TV series Dad’s Army, the big screen début of the children’s classic Goosebumps and the lates 80’s action thriller to get the remake treatment with Point Break.
10. 10. Turandot – Met Opera, £375,950 from 174 sites (new)
9. Creed, £581,943 from 473 sites. Total: £5,308,897
8. Daddy’s Home, £601,301 from 432 sites. Total: £16,352,152
7. Capture the Flag, £774,885 from 459 sites (new)
6. The Big Short, £959,765 from 446 sites. Total: £3,030,237
5. Spotlight, £1,060,435 from 241 sites (new)
4. Ride Along 2, £1,310,848 from 432 sites. Total: £4,200,971
3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens, £1,342,877 from 536 sites. Total: £119,442,219
2. Dirty Grandpa, £2,047,207 from 424 sites (new)
1. The Revenant, £2,278,262 from 616 sites. Total: £16,094,354