Despite getting negative reviews across the board, brain dead action sequel to Olympus Has Fallen, London Has Fallen has managed to go staright into the number one spot knocking Deadpool off the top.
Other new entries in the top 10 includes horror film The Other Side of the Door hitting the number 10 spot, opera event Met Opera: Manon Lescaut going in at number nine and the latest quirky comedy from the Coen brothers with Hail, Caesar! going straight in at number two.
Upcoming – A bit of a interesting week for new films as there is something for pretty much everyone including the third in the Divergent series Allegiant, animated adventure threequel Kung Fu Panda 3, horror film The Witch, mocking comedy Fifty Shades of Black and stop-motion animated film Anomalisa.
10. The Other Side of the Door, £262,955 from 335 sites (new)
9. Met Opera: Manon Lescaut, £279,586 from 174 sites (new)
8. Spotlight, £332,556 from 407 sites. Total: £5,406,837
7. The Revenant, £338,921 from 356 sites. Total: £22,496,859
6. How to Be Single, £537,160 from 439 sites. Total: £4,770,825
5. Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip, £538,303 from 528 sites. Total: £15,344,097
4. Grimsby, £806,095 from 509 sites. Total: £3,567,392
3. Deadpool, £1,487,073 from 523 sites. Total: £34,065,741
2. Hail, Caesar!, £1,520,788 from 494 sites (new)
1. London Has Fallen, £3,229,675 from 513 sites (new)